Instagram & Twitter: @bfootalan

Hi! I'm Bradlee. Graduate of BS Psychology. I won 2nd Place in Page Layout and Design in a National Competition (PH).
Let's team up for a project (Layout & Graphic/Photography) Email me futalan.iska13@gmail.com

Wonders of Subic Beach!





Wonders of Subic Beach!


If you're trying to find a mala-boracay vacation but with awesome deals (cheap), try Sorsogon's best beach - SUBIC Beach! Matnog, at the southernmost tip of Luzon, is now part of the must-visit destinations in the Philippines. This was supposedly my 2nd time in Subic but my 1st one failed. I've been dying to go for years. 

So we got a boat ride to Subic beach for 2000 PHP (back and forth) + (There's a life jacket). Before we reach Subic, we have a few stops. We made it through the fish sanctuary. No entrance fee but donations are welcome. In order for us to see the fishes up-close, we had to ride a sliding bamboo raft pulled by the fisherman. We bought a 20 PHP fish feeds. Too bad we can't swim with the fish. What a bummer! (But Manong told us, if ever the owner is there it's negotiable)




We also made it through this cave, though we did not actually "go into the cave".  Our boat is too big and we don't have any snorkeling gear. Sad! :/



Looking the clear waters of Matnog is also one of the best part riding the boat. You can also see the white sand of the island from a far. Just sitting and waiting to reach the beach will give you an adrenaline rush already. I didn't even notice that we traveled 30-45 minutes from Matnog to Subic beach resort. 



Accomodation? No need to worry. You can easily camp along the beaches (Another crossed one item off on my bucket list!). If you don't have any tents you can rent a cottage (2-storey worth 700 PHP - overnight). Since we have our own tent we rented the 400 PHP cottage (overnight).



I may not got the chance to swim with the fish at the fish sanctuary, but I got the chance to swim with the clown fish and white fishes that-i-don't-know-the-name-but-it-is-so-cool. Too bad I don't have any waterproof camera. Another bummer! :(


How about this for a great morning?

Subic morning!
I have a big smile on my face! It was an unforgettable trip! One great thing of this trip, I had crossed a lot of items off on my bucket list. The 2 days - 1 night stay was worth it. 

Overall rating : 4/5 Not bad for a virgin island. :)



2 comments:

  1. Hi. I really like your blog. Sincerely yours, Marvi. (Your super supportive classmate) Haha ;)

    ReplyDelete

 

Tumblr

Twitter Updates

Popular Posts